PDF printing crashes Edge

Copper Contributor

Hello,

For information I tried to print a few PDFs the other day but it didn't work.It closed Edge Dev Channel instead. So I printed them instead with the standard Windows 10 Edge.

2 Replies

@CedricMia I'm not doubting your results, but I tested this morning, opening 10 separate PDF documents in Edge Chromium Version 76.0.182.6 (Official build) dev (64-bit), and all printed correctly without creating any issues.

I selected eight PDF documents to reflect a variety of origins, to see if I could isolate a trigger:

(1)  One was created by "Save as PDF" in Libre Office Writer (8 pages);

(2)  One was created by "Save as PDF" in Libre Office Calc (5 pages);

(3)  One was created by PDF995 from the HRBlock tax program (14 pages);

(4)  One was a user/repair manual download from the Dell support website (44 pages);

(5)  One was a "fill-in-the-form" PDF downloaded from the Wisconsin DOR website (2 pages);

(6)  One was created using Microsoft "Print to PDF" (print of webpage); 

(7)  One was an instruction set downloaded from the Wisconsin SAMS website (17 pages); and

(8)  One was a Windows "scan to PDF" document (1 page).

What I would suggest is this:  Replicate the issue and report it to Microsoft Edge Insider Support so that they can help isolate the problem, report a bug, and resolve it.

I wish I could replicate the issue.  I work with PDF a lot, and I use built-in browser PDF (Edge Dev, Edge (Classic) and Firefox) as my primary working tool, so it is an issue that concerns me.  I would appreciate any reports of this issue.

@tomscharbach I'm out of office for a week but I'll try again when I'm back & I'll report it to the Edge Support Team.