PDF functions in Edge

Copper Contributor

The organisation I work for has made the transition to the cloud. Employees in healthcare teams work with Office 365 E1 license and use SharePoint teamsites for their documents. The intranet is also made with SharePoint.

In the current version of edge, employees are able to fill in fillable PDF's. This is an important feature, because the organisation is working online as much as possible.

The new Edge dev is not saving the edited fields in fillable PDF's. Please make this functionality available! Microsoft want organisations to move to the cloud, I think this PDF functionality should be facilitated.

Fillable PDF's are the solution for the fact that fields in word templates don't work in Word Online, and our employees use E1 license.

2 Replies

@Jordi9 

I currently have the engineering team looking into some similar issues related to Sharepoint and PDF functions.

Is " not saving the edited fields in fillable PDF'" the main issue you are running into, and are you ever having problems with authentication or blank pages instead of filled content?

Thanks for your time and feedback,

Frank

@V-FRROME 

Thank you for your reply. not saving the edited fields in fillable PDF is our main issue. But we found a second (smaller) issue that calculated fields in the PDF don't calculate anymore. But maybe these issues are connected.