SOLVED

Out in the open

Silver Contributor

Maybe, agree, maybe not, but, this is my feeling:

The Annotation 2019-04-12 212655.jpg, Add notes, Share & Reading view belong out in the open, where they are, now.  For these one should not have to go into the ellipis.  What they do or are for means they work with, go with the page you are using or viewing... you do not want to 'leave' that nor have to (first) go to ellipis to change to Reading view.  Keeping these as they are is important, since it is sensible & logical, as is.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

2 Replies

@Drew1903 

Sorry this wasn't responded to sooner. I will be sure to relay your suggestions to the developers.

Gabriel

best response confirmed by Drew1903 (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@v-gapart 

Gabriel,

Look, it is not MY suggestions.  Almost everyone is referring to a similar list of things of current Edge that are "Must haves", things that are "keepers" moving to Edge C.  And people are asking about or for these (same) items, they are repeatedly mentioned because, they are NOT there. People are just trying to make sure they are not permanently omitted! The only "suggestion" is people do not want a consistently mentioned group of currently existing features & functionality omitted from Edge.

To recap from left to right:
Set aside & recover tabs, Favs, Reading List, (ability to pick icons displayed) Add notes, Share and in ellipsis, Pin to taskbar & Pin to start. Dump Pin to desktop.  Favorites - Sort by name. Tab thumbnails.

People will add any I haven't mentioned.  They are not suggestions. Just part of a group of things the majority of Users are saying have to be in the (new) browser (same as the current). The din will die down when people see the stuff.

We are not even talking about anything new.  It's about what we, already, have, presently, that we are not, YET,  seeing in Edge C.  It is a concern when we see the stuff missing.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Drew1903 (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@v-gapart 

Gabriel,

Look, it is not MY suggestions.  Almost everyone is referring to a similar list of things of current Edge that are "Must haves", things that are "keepers" moving to Edge C.  And people are asking about or for these (same) items, they are repeatedly mentioned because, they are NOT there. People are just trying to make sure they are not permanently omitted! The only "suggestion" is people do not want a consistently mentioned group of currently existing features & functionality omitted from Edge.

To recap from left to right:
Set aside & recover tabs, Favs, Reading List, (ability to pick icons displayed) Add notes, Share and in ellipsis, Pin to taskbar & Pin to start. Dump Pin to desktop.  Favorites - Sort by name. Tab thumbnails.

People will add any I haven't mentioned.  They are not suggestions. Just part of a group of things the majority of Users are saying have to be in the (new) browser (same as the current). The din will die down when people see the stuff.

We are not even talking about anything new.  It's about what we, already, have, presently, that we are not, YET,  seeing in Edge C.  It is a concern when we see the stuff missing.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

View solution in original post