Option to Run/Open a download how IE and old Edge can?

Brass Contributor

Would love to see the option to Run/Open option for a file download come back, like how IE or Edge do, instead of having everything saved to the download folder. Being able to just run a downloaded file was one of the main reasons i often used an MS browser compared to all the others. Keeps my downloads folder from getting filled with installers and whatever other stuff i don't need to keep, and saves me from having to go through it and clear out the junk i don't need at a later date, which i usually don't end up doing.

5 Replies
Thank you for this feedback @ericmutter. I will let the downloads team know about it.

@Elliot Kirk can we also have the download window like how the old IE had it so that we can close the main browser window? Don't like the experience of the Edge browser and Chromium for downloads.

@Elliot Kirk Hi I like to see this as well. It's the more frustrating thing that I just want to open straight into the app and not download and then run. It was a useful feature.

This feature is huge for me and is currently the main issue stopping me from using Edge Insider full time over Egde.

@Elliot Kirk yes, we definitely need that old design for downloading back! :)