Opening new tab with specific web page

Deleted
Not applicable

I wonder why Microsoft doesn't include option to open new tab with our custom URL?

I personally asked for it many times in old edge feedback and the new chromium based one, many people voted up on my feedback and no one from Microsoft has responded?

I hope this option added to edge chromium.

We can use new tab redirection extension but my question is why we have to add extension to do this option was available in Internet Explorer why not available in newest Microsoft internet browser?

1 Reply
In the settings there is an option to enter a custom URL for when you launch Edge which is pretty convenient because it's a one time thing, only happens on launch and normal users or clients in a company can go straight to their portal or custom website, but making every new tab load the same website again and again doesn't seem like the most wanted feature for many people.
for example if you make the new tab open the home page of google or bing, it would be unnecessary cause the address bar already is designed to search in that engine.
if you set the new tab to a website or portal, it would spawn it multiple times whenever you open a new tab, most websites don't work well when there are multiple stances of them open.