Opening all favorites at once, and other issues

Brass Contributor

Hey everyone,

Today I opened Edge Canary 77.0.194.0 and for some reason, there were a couple of new favorites there that I didn't add. Specifically, there was a duplicate link to Booking.com, plus a new folder called "Imported from Internet Explorer", which, admittedly, does have my old bookmarks from a few years ago, but wasn't there before.

I'm not sure if it's related, but after this I went into the settings to see if anything could have happened, and all the sync options aside from the main one are disabled, though no errors are displayed.

Has anyone else seen something similar? Thanks!

EDIT: I just now realized that I forgot to talk about the biggest point I mentioned in the title. Basically, before favorites were displayed as just icons, my favorites bar would have an arrow at the end, letting me see the items that didn't fit into the bar. What was cool was that I could press Ctrl + click that arrow to open all of my favorites at once.

Now that the favorite items are small, the arrow is gone, and the only way to open them all is to right-click the favorites bar and choose the option from there. I wish it was just a little faster, and that I still could choose to the see the names, since many of my favorites have the same icon. Maybe this could be offered as an option in the settings - we could even have an option to set the maximum length of the page title in the favorites bar.

3 Replies

@indospot wrote:

Hey everyone,

Today I opened Edge Canary 77.0.194.0 and for some reason, there were a couple of new favorites there that I didn't add. Specifically, there was a duplicate link to Booking.com, plus a new folder called "Imported from Internet Explorer", which, admittedly, does have my old bookmarks from a few years ago, but wasn't there before.

I'm not sure if it's related, but after this I went into the settings to see if anything could have happened, and all the sync options aside from the main one are disabled, though no errors are displayed.

Has anyone else seen something similar? Thanks!

Hi,  Yes I've noticed the sync problem too as noted on these photos..

@indospot 194.0 update.jpg

194.0 update 2.jpg

Must have been some major trouble with this update for these 2 features, or they have made some major strides with these 2 and are going to include them in the next Dev and Can updates...

my 20cents worth

Dennis5mile

Yes, the Sync options have disappeared, and my Favorites are a complete mess now, with duplicates, bookmarks out of order, etc.

Sync problem has been fixed as of today 6/20/209.....

Dennis5mile