Old Favorites Keep Coming Back

Copper Contributor

I have three machines syncing Edge favorites.  One of these, is not getting new/updated favorites.   I can delete all of the 'old' favorites, restart and it repopulates with the same set of old favorites that none of my machines have.  

I've gone so far as to disable sync on all three machines, and this one machine keeps repopulating an old set of favorites as soon as sync is enabled.

8 Replies

Hi @brosselle 

Sync currently has many problems, better to keep it turned off for now in all channels

Annotation 2019-11-27 093434.png

@HotCakeX Exactly. Beta has problem too. I have many duplicate bookmarks again. Back to Chrome until sync will be reliable.

@tojtojka 

Thanks for the replies.  At least I now it's not just me.  On every other front, devEdge is my default browser now.  It's just the syncing of favorites that is killing me.  I know it's still early, so I get that.

For now it's better to keep all your data (favorites/bookmarks, passwords, credit cards etc) in a stable browser like Google chrome and once everything is fine with Edge, import them back.

in case you get duplicates, use this extension to remove them
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bookmarks-clean-up/oncbjlgldmiagjophlhobkogeladjijl
2 months later, still not fixed.. :persevering_face:

@Rixster 

Spoiler

@Rixster wrote:
2 months later, still not fixed.. :persevering_face:

Can you tell more about the situation? which Edge channels are you using? how did it happen exactly? (i.e which version/channel did you install first and which one you installed 2nd?)

@HotCakeX 
Latest CAN-builds on PV (Insider fast), and Beta-builds in Android 10 phone
After 2 months I decided yesterday to try syncing the favourites again. An outdated set was added to my current favorites.

I think for now it's better not to sync with mobile version of Edge, the recently released fixes and patches related to favorite sync issues apparently only applied to the desktop versions of Edge, not mobile version.