Offering feedback in build and asking for help

Microsoft

Hi All,

Thank you for all of your feedback and suggestions so far.  I love the enthusiasm!  I just wanted to let you know of two other options for you to engage with us:

1. You can offer feedback from within the browser by clicking on the smiley face at the top right corner.  This gets placed into our feedback database automatically and we will be able to merge it with other similar feedback to get a better idea of the breadth of support for a given bit of feedback.
  2. If you are stuck and need help getting unstuck, we have support ready to assist you.  You can find our help by clicking the '...' and then selecting 'Help and Feedback' and finally 'Help'.  You can shortcut all that by pressing F1, or just clicking this link: https://microsoftedgesupport.microsoft.com/hc/en-us

Thank you and please keep it up.

Elliot

39 Replies

@amitkun Thanks, it works and the button is labeled correctly as feedback butto

n. So all is well.

@Elliot Kirk XD I thought that button was for windows hello.

Love the work your doing!

Thank @Microsoft_26. I love all the excitement I see here from you and all of the Insiders.

@Elliot Kirk 

Is there any known problem with the Edge Dev not showing up in Windows 10 1809 Pro x64 list of Notification Apps? I have spent time configuring all of my Chrome Extensions but I rely on notifications of my browser. When I check the App Notification list MS Edge Dev and Canary does show up. 

I enabled enable native notifications in about:flags both in Dev and Canary and neither of these builds can show notifications from YouTube i.e. from those Channels in YouTube free that you have clicked on the bell notification. I see neither the disappearing popup notification nor a notification in Windows 10 1809 Action Center. This after spending several hours configuring both Dev and then Canary browsers with extensions and settings.

@Elliot Kirk 

Years ago when Google+ first came out in beta I reported numerous issues with the product through either posts or via the app's feedback mechanism. The latter method initially afforded no means for one to check whether you had submitted an issue previously to Google.

I stopped using Google+ daily about 2 years later in part due to bugs in the service and inability if the bug reports being filed was doing anything. I just hope MS Edge chromium does not suffer the same fate with its Dev builds as they affording the end users the same feedback methods as Google+ had. Brave on the other has staff members who will file a bug report and post a link in a forum to their GitHub area where one can follow the progress or standstill on the bug.

Hi @Snowbound, right now we do not have a public issue tracker. You can file feedback using the smile icon at the top of the browser, and you will receive a small number of automed emails as we triage, consolidate, and resolve your feedback. I can assure you that we have a number of employees and contractors whose job it is to read through the feedback, collate it and report it to the individual feature teams. We are always looking to become more efficient, while still putting out the best product we possibly can. I hope that you will continue to update to the latest builds as they release and can join us on our journey.
Elliot
For notifications, the way that they work on Windows 10 is that an application is added to the list in the Notifications Settings only after it shows its first notification. Once that occurs, you can manage all of the notification settings for that application. I hope that this helps.
Elliot

@Elliot Kirk That is the issue with Dev and Canary of Edge. Both show up in the list in the Notifications Settings yet when I am logged into YouTube I see neither the simple pop up notification that a subscribed stream whose notification bell is enabled, is live nor do I see a persistent notification even in the Action Center. Chrome does not have this issue. If I perform the test here https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html#annotations:G9MhrlvNEemKT1viGC7IpA

I do see the pop up notification as well as the persistent Action Center one.

@Elliot Kirk I can confirm that notifications in Edge Canary  75.0.126.0 are not working at least for YouTube. I have https://www.youtube.com:443 allowed for Notifications yet I see no notifications either of the standalone popup window nor persistent on in Action Center. I do however see YouTube notifications on my iOS device for a channel on YouTube whose Bell icon notification is enabled.

@Snowbound I Think Push Notifications Are Disabled In New Microsoft Edge1554748948_capture.jpg

@Elliot Kirk 

There are many dedicated testers who frequent the Microsoft Community forums, which has a format that is completely different from TechCommunity. There is a dichotomy there, as well: Windows Insiders have their own forum, which includes a sub-forum for Edge, but there is also a dedicated Microsoft Edge forum. I think many users who frequent MC would be uncomfortable in TechCommunity.

As a volunteer moderator over there, I have suggested that questions and discussions about preview versions be posted in the dedicated forum, while threads about 'classic' Edge on Insider builds of Windows should be posted in the Windows Insider forum. Can you find out from the Edge forum owner whether this is the right approach?

Does your team plan on having an occasional presence there? Questions are usually answered competently by volunteers, but in many cases the answer is 'we don't know,' because it's all so new. This is why input from your team would be very welcome.

Yes, I realize that but if that is permanently disabled then I guess Edge Chromium is not going to be for me.

I seem to be getting mixed signals here. MS support people have verified that the issue I reported to be the case while another MS support person has indicated there are other reports of notifications from YouTube not working. Neither of them mentioned that graphic which other end users have pointed out that same highlighted line.

Hello there @Elliot Kirk pretty new to this stuff but while I just download the edge chromium dev Ii notice that using extensions are not functioning well or maybe t`s not really working I don`t know.. I already sent feed back a while ago. 

@Brian_Brnb - can you provide more details on which extensions are not working? Are you downloading these extensions from Microsoft Edge Insider Addons store?

@Balaje_Krishnan Yes I am downloading it from the dev edge insider add-ons I will provide you with a screen capture.

Please see attach files/pictures 

As you can see I have those 2 extensions working right now but when I try to look for another extension on the search box from the left it will show no any result but if I click the link "Get extensions from the Microsoft Store" it will show the extension I am looking for. It would be convinient that by searching for an extension it will show results right away unless the extension is actually not supported yet. 

@Brian_Brnb - thanks for the feedback. We are looking into how we can improve the search experience in the management menu.

Apart from the search experience, did you face any problems/issues in using extensions from Microsoft Edge Addons storefront?

@Balaje_Krishnan So far so good thanks for asking. I will use dev edge as my daily driver for net browsing and so on. As I noticed it does looks like chrome experience even the download section. A little bit faster than chrome perhaps. 

A suggestion maybe shrink the address bar a little bit and more extensions to come espcially the blocking for pop ups section it`s very convinient to have it installed.   

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into the URL bar design as well and see what customization options are possible.

@Balaje_Krishnan 

Pls look at Search Bar design on the New Tab page. Can you offer search engines choice here? Why not, if the choice is available in Address Bar and Start Page? The New Tab is a lot more used that Start page.

@Balaje_Krishnan thanks! I also notice I am having some issues on some of the videos playing it doesn`t matter if its youtube videos or whatever website that plays video the issue I encounter are sometimes it does not play well and I have to hit F5 (refresh) a couple of times for the video to work properly or play properly.