Noticing 'Land-use' difference

Silver Contributor

OMG, what the heck does this title mean... :facepalm:

I happen to have identical pages open in Edge & Edge C, simultaneously.  Notice the real-estate is not similarly used... they do not line up with each other.  Both are at 100%. Edge C has done everything bigger (vertically).  On one hand it is using more space, but, on the other hand everything is easy to see & sure not cramped.  Anyway, the difference is somewhere between interesting and noteworthy.  Edge C is on the left & Edge on the right.

AB Comparision.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

2 Replies

Hi @Drew1903, which way do you like it more? Thanks - Elliot

@Elliot Kirk 

I'm having an identity crisis... I'm, really, not @Drew1903, Doc, really, I'm sure I'm not, right, Doc?

Anyway, enough of my trying to be funny.  You'd think I'd hate failing.  But, seriously...

"Hi, Drew, which way do you like it more?", Elliot

Oh, geez, you had to ask, eh, mate?  Traditionally, there has been concern about using a lot of browser space. ie, Don't show Favs bar because it takes up "viewing area", etc, etc.  But, one can, certainly, scroll down a page, no biggie. And, Folks visually challenged will like the Edge C version. As for "like more?", I'll have to say the Edge C.  There's something about it that's almost hard to articulate... it's somehow 'comfortable', easy on the eyes or it's psychological, but, it's pleasant & relaxing to use.  I think being big, 'bright', spacious & 'airy' is subconsciously making using it enjoyable.  I'm sounding 'dramatic', but, I think the effect or result is, actually, real, even, though one may not realize it's happening; it's not something one stops & analyzes purposely.  Short answer, the Edge C way.  (not to be confused with the St. Lawrence Seaway). The magnitude of different varies depending on site, but, even when less, still, visible. Edge on left, Edge C on the right...  Starts with the top bars being wider/taller.
Less.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg