New Sync option in Canary Version 78.0.261.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)....

Silver Contributor

As the title says.....   Though it may have been available to those lucky enough to be in the roll-out....

Option in sync 2.jpg

Also possible new Flag, 

new flag 2.jpg

Dennis5mile

8 Replies
I am running the same version and do not have the option to sync open tabs.

Same here. The option in Canary is there, but cannot be selected. The option is fully functional in Dev Version 78.0.249.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit).

This from Canary:

clipboard_image_0.png

And this is Canary Version 78.0.261.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

I'm was on 78.0.259.0 than had the 78.0.261.0 update, and I have the new open tabs option in sync. Although I don't use sync (why it shows as turned off in my picture) because sometimes others use my computer. I turned it on for a moment and it worked. 

tempsnip.png

Oh cancelled that. I tried it again and the tab's option is grayed out from switching on (as if inactive). It could be a feature that's been added but not yet usable into function testing is complete as Canary is the starting point of features hehe.

Don't have it here either. I hate this hand picked roll out style >.<

I have the flag tho.

Looking at Chromium (78.0.3897.0 - Revision #691690) it has Syn but doesn't have those options from what I can see. It's nice added features by Microsoft that Chromium and Chrome doesn't have. However I'm on the side of letting all Canary users try out the features and give input. Although it could also be the function is there but not stable enough to be in working/usable condition...yet. I don't know. Interesting to see.

Untitled.png

(Click Picture to Enlarge)

@Dennis5mile I wish they tied roll out to user accounts instead of (apparently) devices! I have sync open tabs available on my Mac Canary install, my laptop Windows Canary install, but not my desktop Windows Canary install -- which is the one that would actually be the most useful to have this on!

I was hoping there was a flag to force this option to be enabled but no. Sigh.

I'm on 78.0.268.0 on all three devices. So annoying!

@seancorfield 

I agree that it would be helpful for the controlled rollout to be aligned to the profile (user) instead of per system. I work on several systems and have Edge Canary on all of them as my default browser. It is challenging for the way I work to have different features available as I move between them.

I submitted this feedback through the Send Feedback smiley a number of days ago.