New Edge Installed -- BUT

Copper Contributor

I am very happy so far to have been able to install the new Edge insider build.  HOWEVER -- can someone explain to those of us suffering people out here whose original Edge browser simply stopped working months ago -- likely due to some issue with Windows 10 updates -- why that happened.  And will there be any fix by Microsoft that will restore the new Edge to the Windows 10 update process, without our having to completely reset and reinstall all sorts of other apps?  Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

@darobin 

There have been a number of updates installed since this was originally posted, you should be able to install those, or uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Edge Insider build to get up to the latest version of your preferred channel.

How do I check that Microsoft Edge is up to date and update if needed?

Gabriel

Thanks but the question is why did Edge stop working in the first place?   I have managed to install and remain up to date with the development builds of the new Edge, but this does not explain why the original Edge, which was part of the Windows 10, stopped working abruptly....@v-gapart 

@darobin 

Is your previous Microsoft Edge still having issues, or are you just asking to understand why it had stopped in the past?

Gabriel

Edge just stopped, as a result of 2 or 3 Windows 10 updates ago....also stopped was my ability to do index searches.  MS has never been able to adequately explain why....@v-gapart 

@darobin 

Then that would be an issue for Windows Support as this forum is meant specifically for Microsoft Edge Insider discussions.  Please check out https://support.microsoft.com/ for additional help with the issues you are experiencing.  

Gabriel