NEW Features in Edge insider Canary Version 79.0.304

MVP

Tab Groups

Available Colors and the ability to set custom name for the group along with choosing color

Annotation 2019-10-14 195217.png

Annotation 2019-10-14 195307.png

Annotation 2019-10-14 194959.png

Tab Grouping feature can be enabled using This flag:

Annotation 2019-10-14 194456.png

in here: edge:flags

Profile Settings Redesign

Old:

old.png

New:

new.png

Bookmark/Favorites Hover Highlight animation is Round now instead of the old Square

Old:

Annotation 2019-10-14 200549.jpgAnnotation 2019-10-14 200451.jpg 

New:

Annotation 2019-10-14 200637.png

Annotation 2019-10-14 200652.png

New Option in InPrivate Mode Window added

Thanks to @gardenvv290 for pointing that out

Annotation 2019-10-14 205609.png

New Icons added to the Right-click menu inside Edge Insider

Old:

3.png

New:

33.png

9 Replies

@HotCakeX 

Sem título.png

"Open tabs" sync was added too

Will tab groups be replacing set tab aside? Also there is a new dialog interface InPrivate to block third party cookies.

@Deleted 

Hi,

Thanks, it's been in the controlled feature roll-out state for a Month now and people have been getting it off and on slowly, sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't, for me right now it's like this. I hope they make it a Fixed feature and Enable it for Everyone

Annotation 2019-10-14 205928.png

@gardenvv290 

@gardenvv290 wrote:
Will tab groups be replacing set tab aside? Also there is a new dialog interface InPrivate to block third party cookies.

Hi, very unlikely, I think they are still considering Set tabs aside feature since it's still on their list "under review", this tab grouping is a feature both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome have

Thank you very much for pointing that out, added to the post with credits :)

Bookmark/Favorites Hover Highlight animation is Round now instead of the old Square

I think this maybe a bug....

@witherzuo 

@witherzuo wrote:

I think this maybe a bug....

How come?

awesome! grouping tabs is just like in good old days in IE) nice! also little icons for image menus are awesome as well) keep working!
little note: colors seems to be a little acid, can we make something with them, maybe just play with colors or maybe add slight colorful shadow/gradient from color line into the tab itself?
I hope so ^^
I would like a nice little color picker next to the colors so we'd be able to choose a custom color, in my opinion the top bar in Edge insider should have transparent and Acrylic style just like Classic Edge and not take the color of the OS.