Microsoft Edge Insider Opinion and Feedback (Today's release)

Copper Contributor

I've only had a quick chance to play-around with the new Edge. I want to come back to Edge, I really do. But here's some suggestions that would help me transition back from Google.

1. I'll get this one out of the way because I know you're working on it, 'it's not a truly dark theme' - only the small frame around the outside being dark.

2. No dedicated spot in top right corner for Screen Casting/History/Downloads/Reading Mode/Web Clipper etc like in previous versions.
  3. No bookmark sorting alphabetically. This gets me every time. 

4. No web extensions ratings in the front screen.

5. Why do icons in bookmarks bar take up so much room? Need an options to change views such as 'compact' view or 'comfy' view etc.

6. Is there a way to invert colours for bookmark bar icons if a dark theme is used and the icon is also dark?

7. Search functionality for Microsoft Edge Insider Addons. When opening edge://extensions/ there's no "real" store-like homepage with recommendations/popular/trending addons.

8. No search functionality for choosing extensions you want to add, only able to search already installed addons.
  9. Improvement: Icons/images used for addons seem 2D/very flat and not interactive in https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/insider-addons/category/EdgeExtensions.
  10. Suggestion: Right click anywhere on webpage suggestion to show an option to save to favourites.
  11. Suggestion: Customisable tool bars like in Microsoft Office. Ability to move buttons where I want, and fits within my work flow. Drag and Drop and move them where you want.

12. Maximise space: Go to: https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/welcome?channel=dev&version=76.0.172.0. Now wave your mouse over "Tell us what you think about form controls and components". Button "take survey" could fit within the original tile rather than, click to expand, and then click to take survery.

13. Suggestion: No clickable/built in web clipper/screenshot. But instead Windows+Shift+S. Change 'Windows+Shift+S' for Snipping to an easier function like 'Windows+C' = Windows + C for clip.

14. Suggestion: Snipping popup menu Centre top, an option to move where it suits my workflow, and hamburger menu with additional options to customise 'save to', etc.

Hope this helps. Keep up the great work!

9 Replies

@black_valyrian For taking a screen clip, you can simply enable the option in settings to use PrintScreen key to make the Screen snip tool appear...

@Rohit Yadav wrote:

@black_valyrian For taking a screen clip, you can simply enable the option in settings to use PrintScreen key to make the Screen snip tool appear...

uumm, it is probably me, but uumm where in settings do you find this option to use printscreen key?@Rohit Yadav 

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile Settings - Ease of Access, on the Interaction section: Keyboard - and on the Print Screen Shortcut option, enable use PrtScn button to open screen snipping.

@Dennis5mile @black_valyrian @Rohit Yadav

IF, we are talking about Full Screen (snip/cature). Hit Win+PrtScn; will put it in Screen shots folder which, is in Pictures. And, if User allowed, can/will save to both PC & OneDrive (for anywhere, any device, access), simultaneously.

Also, Win+Shift+S brings the Snip & Sketch 'tool' to the top of the screen with its 4 Modes (Rectangle, Free-form, Windows & Full screen). OR S&S, its full window, can be opened from its taskbar icon or the Windows Ink Workspace button in the Sys tray.

IF, we are talking about Print for a web page/site then, Edge C is no different than Edge. Ctrl+P will do it OR hit the ellipsis & Print

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 yea I know those ways. All vary by your choice and convenience. Example: If one wants a full screen snip and to be saved instantly, you can directly hit Win+ PrtScr. If you want to crop out an area, then Win+Shift+S does the job perfectly.

As Dennis said above, there are plenty of ways to take a screenshot in different OS, and we really don't need a function like this in the browser itself...:)

@black_valyrian 

HERE are some cool Features for Edge C .  Some may sound/look familiar ;)

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Rohit Yadav 

Well, no, and I suppose that was implied in what I said, too.  But, it also doesn't quite make sense... having print screen in a browser.  From within a browser one may want to print a page or part thereof... but, the whole screen (??) Maybe, we aren't grasping the question quite properly.  Something doesn't jibe.  Honestly, I wasn't sure how to respond as something didn't seem to mesh.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903 yea, it doesn't looks good having a screen snip tool in the browser. No, I guess we have inferred the question correctly...

@Dennis5mile wrote:

@Rohit Yadav wrote:

uumm, it is probably me, but uumm where in settings do you find this option to use printscreen key?@Rohit Yadav 

Dennis5mile

@Drew1903 @CapoxD22 @Rohit Yadav  

Oh, I'm sorry, but I miss understood, I thought you were saying that there was a setting "within" Edge Dev/Can that was for the snip tool/PrntScr which is why I thought that I had missed something some where.

Yes I know all the others as I use them here for posting *.jpg's of what I'm referring to when I post a problem about Edge Dev or a request and/or as an windows insider for sending feedback in the feedback Hub....  
Thanks you all for clarifying .

Dennis5mile