Microsoft Edge DEV, Email links & URL's fail to open when set as the system "Default Browser" *Win10

Copper Contributor

Links sent to our corporate accounts do not open when clicked on when EDGE DEV is set to the system default browser. When clicked, nothing happens.... no error, no spinning cursor.... nothing. If you hit the system settings and switch back to chrome all of the links will open properly and redirect properly (Skype links, Teams links, standard URL links). This happens without even having to restart outlook. If you switch it back to Edge Dev, they no longer open again. I have reinstalled Edge Dev and gone through the cycle again, but to no avail. I have not come across this as a known issue so is there a workaround that I may not be familiar with?

Much Appreciated.

1 Reply

Hi @BigFNj, I am not able to reproduce your issue with either the Canary or Developer channels.  This may be something specific to your setup.  In that case, our support staff are best suited to help you with one on one support.  To open a new ticket with Microsoft Edge support, please go to https://microsoftedgesupport.microsoft.com and click on the Contact Support button in the lower right hand portion of the page.  I hope that they are more able to help you.  If anyone else is seeing this issue, please let me know. Thanks - Elliot