Media popup

Steel Contributor

Thank you for adding media information to the popup! 

Could you guys please contact the Windows team to ask them if they'll let us disable it system wide, add acrylic to it, add new icons, add it to the volume flyout and merge it with the one on the lockscreen?

I would also love if it we could turn it off for just Edge. When we have multiple tabs with media, it would be nice if a little arrow showed up on the popup. 

Related

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Make-media-keys-fully-fledged-settings/m-p/677583

8 Replies

@pneenkoalabear 

I don't see any Media popup. Can you post a screenshot?

Btw, you are asking to add to Settings multiple options almost no-one changes often. Settings UI is suited for frequently changed or per-site customizable options.

I feel like I don't agree with you on anything.

The media popup appears when you are playing media and increase/decrease volume, pause, play, skip or go back.

No! Many people are annoyed by the media popup while some people find it useful. Spotify even added a setting that lets you turn it off. Many settings are set and forget such as running in the background.

Edit: fyi the popup comes from windows but apps need to provide info. If you want a screenshot, Google it.

@pneenkoalabear 

I'm playing YouTube video now, and don't see any popup when changing sound volume or skip. I don't recall seen such popup in browser. It might be under certain conditions, or when using certain devices, that's why I asked you to post a screenshot of a website and the popup next to the Tab. It looks like you're unable to communicate your request clearly. How do you expect it fixed then? ;)

@pneenkoalabear 

I've never seen this popup, May be you should play with existing OS and Edge Chromium popup Settings and Flags?

there are no existing OS and Edge Chromium popup settings. Even without the flags force enabled, I still see them.

@pneenkoalabear 

Could you guys please contact the Windows team to ask them if they'll let us disable it system wide...

there are no existing OS and Edge Chromium popup settings. Even without the flags force enabled, I still see them.

Disable Media Session Service in edge://flags . :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Or use this tool system-wide.

I want them. I had them force enabled. Did you read my original post?