My browser is keep on crashing on startup. I have only added an AdBlock extension. I don't have chance to export my bookmarks. I would hate to lose them. I can uninstall it, and reinstall but don't want to lose them. I have, however, used my account to sync stuff, don't know if bookmarks are synced too;
So does anyone know how can I fix this, if nothing else, please help me with my bookmark retrieval. Thanks in advance.
Great question! Short answer, yes, you can uninstall and retain favorites/bookmarks - as long as you have used your account to sync settings. I verified this as follows (to see if this fits your scenario of setup) -
- Installed Microsoft Edge Insiders Canary on 2 different PC's
- Logged in both with same MSA (Microsoft Account), verified Favorites synced between both
- Uninstalled Microsoft Edge Insiders Canary from target PC
- Reinstalled Microsoft Edge Insiders Canary on target PC
- Logged is using same MSA, Favorites automatically synced.
With that said however, Microsoft Edge Insiders is a preview build, so I'll add there is always a chance something does not work as expected.