SOLVED

MS Edge Chromium bookmark keep crashing on startup (Need to access my bookmarks HTML)

Copper Contributor

My browser is keep on crashing on startup. I have only added an AdBlock extension. I don't have chance to export my bookmarks. I would hate to lose them. I can uninstall it, and reinstall but don't want to lose them. I have, however, used my account to sync stuff, don't know if bookmarks are synced too;

So does anyone know how can I fix this, if nothing else, please help me with my bookmark retrieval. Thanks in advance. 

4 Replies

@mihirp161 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Microsoft Edge Insider Discussion space - please post Edge Chromium questions here in the future. 

best response confirmed by mihirp161 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mihirp161 

Great question! Short answer, yes, you can uninstall and retain favorites/bookmarks - as long as you have used your account to sync settings. I verified this as follows (to see if this fits your scenario of setup) -

- Installed Microsoft Edge Insiders Canary on 2 different PC's

- Logged in both with same MSA (Microsoft Account), verified Favorites synced between both

- Uninstalled Microsoft Edge Insiders Canary from target PC

- Reinstalled Microsoft Edge Insiders Canary on target PC

- Logged is using same MSA, Favorites automatically synced.

With that said however, Microsoft Edge Insiders is a preview build, so I'll add there is always a chance something does not work as expected. 

You can also open a ticket with Microsoft Edge Insiders Support if you'd like, we'll in turn investigate logs to help identify why and if we can resolve.

Hope this helps, let me know,

Darren

@Eric Starker My apologies. I was having trouble with navigation.  Thanks for your help :)

@DarrenMH WOW, thanks for your help boss. At this moment I think Canary version is much more stable than the Dev one. Also, I won't put any extension on this one. Thanks again for your help :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mihirp161 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@mihirp161 

Great question! Short answer, yes, you can uninstall and retain favorites/bookmarks - as long as you have used your account to sync settings. I verified this as follows (to see if this fits your scenario of setup) -

- Installed Microsoft Edge Insiders Canary on 2 different PC's

- Logged in both with same MSA (Microsoft Account), verified Favorites synced between both

- Uninstalled Microsoft Edge Insiders Canary from target PC

- Reinstalled Microsoft Edge Insiders Canary on target PC

- Logged is using same MSA, Favorites automatically synced.

With that said however, Microsoft Edge Insiders is a preview build, so I'll add there is always a chance something does not work as expected. 

You can also open a ticket with Microsoft Edge Insiders Support if you'd like, we'll in turn investigate logs to help identify why and if we can resolve.

Hope this helps, let me know,

Darren

View solution in original post