Lastpass extension launch buttons move on new Edge

Brass Contributor

Hi there

I have noticed on the new Edge that when searching in the Lastpass extension and then wanting to select one of the launch buttons, they move to the top of the selection area.  This does not happen on the original Edge, so assuming that they are the same extension (I selected "Lastpass for Microsoft Edge" for each browser) it's the new Edge that isn't rendering it properly?

New Edge:

clipboard_image_0.png

Original Edge:

clipboard_image_1.png

Regards

John

8 Replies

I can confirm the same behaviour. This started happening about a week ago. Both Edge and Lastpass have recently launched new versions so it's hard to tell where the problem is, but I don't see this bug with the same version of the Lastpass browser extension in Chrome.

this is happening to me too. so annoying.

i believe it was the edge upgrade but its possible i got an upgrade for the extension too.

I have the same behavior.  I think it's related to the Chromium version since Chrome Canary has the same issue.

I confirm this is happening with the extension from both the Edge and Chrome Web Stores. I doubt there is any difference between the two of them, but now you know. Also, this issue has been reported on the Lastpass forum with the reply from Lastpass Support of, "We don't support beta versions". I thought that was cute. So much for beta feedback with them.

Why has this still not been fixed?

This seems to have been fixed on the latest Canary release today.

I just upgraded to the September 17 Dev Channel update and the problem appears to be fixed here as well.
It's fixed for me too.