Items Most Want (Patience Grasshopper)

Silver Contributor

Tossing this out for your consideration. In my 'conversing' with the Team, so to speak, some of 'our' concerns have been mentioned & discussed (in the sphere of Feedback).  One topic has been, the icons at the top of Edge... Set aside, See your tabs, Favorites Favs.jpg, Add notes and Share, for example.  The Team is aware of these (desired) items and the need to transition them to Edge C.  I have been assured they will come; maybe not all at once, but, will all be there by release time. Supposedly, allegedly, we will see all the Features that draw people to Edge in Edge C. :crossed_fingers:

Cheers,
Drew

thVY64FD02.jpg

8 Replies

@Drew1903 Yeah. I had mentioned "Settings or "Clear Browser Data" tab. Although you can favorite them right to the favorites toolbar which is more or less the same thing, so it can be self added by choice as my picture shows. You can do the same with Favorites (as I did per same picture, upper left side) too if you put in edge://favorites/ into the search bar and than click the star to favorites it (and have show favorites bar set to on).  I guess there's only so many tabs/icons that can be placed without it becoming too busy or cluttered. Good suggestions though.

1.JPG

@Drew1903 "The Team is aware of these (desired) items and the need to transition them to Edge C. I have been assured they will come; maybe not all at once, but, will all be there by release time. Supposedly, allegedly, we will see all the Features that draw people to Edge in Edge C."

Speculation could be replaced with certainty if the Edge Team would publish a simple, high-level features/function development status list for Edge Chromium, listing key features/functions in development or under consideration, showing, with respect to each feature/function listed, whether the feature/function is in place, in development, or under consideration.

The status list need not be detailed or lengthy, but instead something simple, along the lines of the EdgeHTML status list maintained for Edge (Classic) development.

@tomscharbach 

I do agree... it would make it so we know what to expect & won't be mentioning things (repeatedly) unnecessarily.  Apparently, things are coming that are not being listed under "Coming soon".

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

i@Anthony  I guess the most I want for Favorites in Edge C is the same Favorites in the Original Edge, a key combination to open it at the side overlay, instead of open a new page.

@MichaelTong 

Hi Michael,

That, actually, speaks to something else or something more & not in regard to Favorites, exclusively.  And, that is about things in the ellipsis opening in or to their own pages instead, of in fly-out panels as per Edge. It has been put to the Edge C. Team. (BUT) It would be wise if you & all of similar mind, submit the sentiment via Mr. Smiley.  It applies to Settings, Extensions and all the rest.  Feels like the vast majority of Users, also, want to keep to the status quo & not the full page changes.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903   "I do agree ... it would make it so we know what to expect & won't be mentioning things (repeatedly) unnecessarily.  Apparently, things are coming that are not being listed under "Coming soon"."

Yup.  Microsoft is being tight-fisted with information on the Edge Chromium project, which makes little sense to me given that the Chromium project is open source and Microsoft is an active contributor.

Edge Dev was opened for enterprise testing this week, and I've been able to glean some additional information from that development channel, particularly in the area of browser security, reading the information Microsoft is posting for enterprise testers. 

I'm long-since retired, but I've got better things to do with my life than play Microsoft detective.   If nothing else, maybe Microsoft could index this forum by topic, so that someone wanting to know about this or that feature/function could find the posts on that issue.  The situation as it stands is just plain silly.

@Anthony 

I don't agree that it is the same thing (or I'm missing something). The favorites toolbar "eats" another row of screenspace. The real favorites icon used the existing row and that saves screenspace 

@matsmcp 

Mat, 

That is why I don't show the Favs bar, only bringing it up if & when I want something from it... then, it is 'hidden', again, immediately.  I used to used the Links toolbar so not to have the Favs bar showing, but, it only works/worked fully with IE.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg