SOLVED

Is there a roadmap for key features like Set Aside, Reading Mode, Add Notes, etc.

Deleted
Not applicable

Is there any roadmap for key features like Set Aside, Reading Mode, Add Notes, Share this page, and the ability to show (or not) these in the toolbar?

30 Replies
I would like to see it too Andrew.

Would like to see it as well, as those you listed are the very ones making me stay with old Edge - I was looking for that Share button without success just seconds ago.

best response confirmed by pankajrathi (Microsoft)
Solution

Yeah, those are all big features for me, too, which keep me using Microsoft Edge.

@Deleted 

There was something like a roadmap at the bottom of the whats new page (https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/whats-new) But for some reason it won't show up for me anymore.

@Deleted  we (Microsoft Edge team) have an eye on all these feature requests. It would be great if you could send in-product feedback using the Smiley face icon so that the feedback reaches directly to the Mictosoft Edge team. 

I fully agree. These are very useful features in the old Edge

We hear you, @Deleted.  I have sent this feedback up the chain to the right folks.  Thank you all for your interest in our browser.  What are the features and fixes that you are most looking forward to seeing on a roadmap?

Thanks,

Elliot

Thank you for the feedback @Deleted. Reading mode is being worked upon and presently is available via edge://flags. Just seach for "Reading View".

Please selfhost and share feedback.

Thank you @amitkun for this flag on Reading View

@Elliot Kirk wrote:

We hear you, @Deleted.  I have sent this feedback up the chain to the right folks.  Thank you all for your interest in our browser.  What are the features and fixes that you are most looking forward to seeing on a roadmap?

Thanks,

Elliot

@Elliot Kirkthe two absolutely critical ones for me, which I use daily, are Set Aside and Reading List, and then slightly less critical but very very important to me is the Share button as I regularly share pages between devices (without having to trawl through the Timeline). Being able to having these, as well as Favourites and downloads, all on the toolbar is fundamental to my workflow.

The Add notes feature from Edge classic will be a great addtition to Edge Chromium.  It is so convenient to scribble my notes or ideas while researching using this feature and save them for later.

@Elliot Kirk  A number of us have been requesting that the Edge team provide us with a development roadmap, a known issues list, a changelog (probably abbreviated of necessity) and "test this, test that" direction.   I assume that the Edge team has developed a development roadmap, at least at a high level, specifying features/functions that Microsoft intends to include in the release version.  Can that list, in some form that we can use to look ahead, be posted in a link that is accessible to Edge Insider testers?

Agree with tomscharbach. This would make testing so much more efficient.

Agreed. These are tools that cannot be left out. These were the selling points for the old Edge.

I'd like to add another request for Set Aside Tabs. It's a fantastic feature that I've come to rely on for several of my workflows. I hope it will remain part of Edge, regardless of rendering engine, for the foreseeable future.
Add Note and share option would be nice and very useful
No thousands of features to slow down browser and load worthless PC resources. If user want this so much, put it as extensions. No embedded garbage features. Browser's first priority is to have web navigation as fast as possible.

@Octavian20604 

Nobody is saying it has to have thousands of features, but features like set aside and add notes were very popular and microsoft knows if edge offers no features over chrome or even doesn't offer an adequate experience to chrome then everyone will just install chrome and use that.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by pankajrathi (Microsoft)
Solution

Yeah, those are all big features for me, too, which keep me using Microsoft Edge.

View solution in original post