Importing favorites is messy

Iron Contributor

Importing favorites seems to have issues.  When importing favorites from the old Edge the way imported favorites are arranged is not good, all my old Edge favorites will go into a folder named "Imported from Microsoft Edge" instead of just going into favorites main menu.  Which means that I have to, one by one, manually place all my imported favorites from that folder to the main favorites folder where they should have been imported.  Also the favorites bar should be collapsible like it was in the old Edge.

Which brings up another issue, when in the manage favorites section you can't move more than one favorite at a time, would be great to choose multiple favorites to move instead of one by one.

And as mentioned in other posts, please put back in the old favorites menu button next to the address bar and the old Edge nice larger fonts/graphics.

EDIT: Does anyone know the location of the favorites folder in File Explorer?  It may be easier to move multiple favorites that way, although I'm concerned how syncing will handle this. I'm hoping MS doesn't hide the favorites folder like they did with the old Edge. 

3 Replies

Thank you @SD777@rishavsharan has some good troubleshooting steps here.  Please let me know if these work for you.

@Elliot Kirk 

Thanks for the link, but my issue isn't importing favorites.  It's how they are handled when they are imported. 

@SD777 Same here.  And when I try to rearrange them manually, i.e.:  moving the Personal folder out of the Imported from Microsoft Edge folder so that it can be at the same level as the Favorites bar and the Other favorites folder, it just goes back into it.  It just doesn't stay at the same level as the Favorites bar and the Other favorites folder, no matter what I do.