Image redering not working on map pages on https://www.letour.fr

Brass Contributor

The maps do not show on the tour de france website.

Example page is: https://www.letour.fr/en/stage-18

9 Replies
Works Fine for me too.
my tracking protection is set to balanced.
I can normally navigate through the map and I see the yellow race line.
Edge Version 77.0.228.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

@Bruce Roberts 

Interesting I have multiple different installation of Edge (Dev and Canary) and non of them will render the maps on this site. Maybe it is something broken in my profile.

@HotCakeX

I have same tracking settings but I am blocking 3rd party cookies. If it is working for others, it must be a setting issue that I have.

well have you tried not blocking 3rd party cookies?

@HotCakeX 

Found the problem; a third party cookie for arcgis.com was needed to load the map. Allowing that single cookie fixed.

@PGomersall this could be some awesome feedback for us. How did you figure that out? What would have helped you figure it out more easily? I'm thinking maybe the UI for what gets blocked could warn that core functionality might be broken... not sure. I was originally thinking maybe something for DevTools to show, but this needs to work for users who might be intimidated by DevTools... 

First, I work in IT at university. Given it was working for others lead to me knowing it was one of my settings. Since I set all my browsers to block 3rd party cookies and that is not default I started to look at what was getting blocked. When I looked at the blocked site list I new the problem was the cookie that came from arcgis.com because I knew it is an ESRI site. The behavior exhibited by Edge is same as Chrome. The question for ui design here is difficult as I wonder why letour.fr needed a cookie to render a map in a frame; seems like like bad site design rather than an issue your side.

@PGomersall thanks for the response. I agree this is an odd site design, and is likely a bug on their site rather than with the browser. I believe this is likely to come up more now that we have these features enabled, so I'd love to make the debugging experience better. I'm going to have to do some brainstorming and research here :)