I cannot watch xfinity streaming tv on Edge Canary on Mac

Brass Contributor

It works with Google Chrome, but not with Edge. https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings

The errorThe error

10 Replies
I enabled Flash and Cookies, and allow proprietary content.
https://www.xfinity.com/stream/
This is bad also on the developer version. It seems to perhaps need permissions to tag content, which is not available in Edge.
It's loading alright on Edge Canary.
obviously i can't test streams, if you want others to test streams then give us an account.

@HotCakeX Surely someone uses comcast! But indeed you must log in.

@JimRome 

I also get the same error message trying to stream Xfinity on Edge dev in Windows 1903 pro. I can stream Xfinity on the same 1903 platform with E11 and Firefox.  I had no problems streaming Xfinity on dev with dev builds prior to 202.

Just attempted to view www.xfinity.com/stream with the latest version & unable to view.  @bjxfinity2019 .  Don't know why this is so difficult, especially if MS Edge is the flagship browser for Microsoft.

clipboard_image_0.png

@yablonda Miicrosoft needs to make fixing this a high priority. Probably 1/3 of Internet users use Comcast.

@JimRome 

Just attempted to view www.xfinity.com/stream with the latest Windows 10 version & unable to view.  @bjxfinity2019 .  Don't know why this is so difficult, especially if MS Edge is the flagship browser for Microsoft.

@bjxfinity2019 The Xfinity forum says:

Resolved in Chrome 60 for Windows.  These steps worked for me:

1. Menu button (Upper Right Corner)
  2. Settings
  3. Menu button (Upper Left Corner)
  4. Advanced
  5. Privacy and security
  6. Content settings
  7. Protected Content (last item at bottom of list)
  8. Allow sites to play protected content - this must be enabled.
  9. Allow identifiers for protected content - this must be enabled.

But I cannot find a setting for "identifiers for protected content" in Edge Dev. How does one enable this?

@JimRome   Not intending to be a wise apple, but this response is so 20th century. To still have to play this endless guessing game of what settings to use or not is not a way to gain satisfied customers. As stated, Xfinity is widely used across America, so there should be internal logic to determine this & just make it work. With Chrome, you just have to enable Flash, & it works. This is not rocket science.