How to get the new Edge insider Logo after update

MVP

UPDATE 1:

You have to uninstall your browser and then download and reinstall it again from here:

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

this is one way to get the correct icon everywhere (start menu, taskbar, desktop) and with the correct label (Canary, Dev, Beta)

I did it and chose to delete user data during uninstall, but be careful, make sure to enable Sync before uninstall to prevent from losing any data.

UPDATE 2:

Thanks to@asplode 

If you create a new profile and then promptly delete it, the icons are fixed!

UPDATE 3:

Thanks to @MitchDahl 

signing out of Sync and then back in.

UPDATE 4:

Thanks to @Dennis5mile 

"I found another way to change the icon for whichever version you are using.  First right click the icon and then right click the exe for that version of edge you want changed then click properties.. follow the photos below which I did from my taskbar...

then on next screen choose change icon.. 

Then choose the icon you want, but make sure the path is correct"

13 Replies

@HotCakeX I still have two icons when I pin to taskbar.

The new icon, and when I click it I get another (the old icon) with the actual windows and actions.

okay looks like there is no way other than a full uninstall and then reinstalling it..

@HotCakeX I almost did that but was reading the release thread and found this:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Dev-channel-update-to-80-0-320-3-is-live/m-p/9848...

Thank you, added your method up there with credits, let's see what other ways are there :)
I wished the had tested it internally and fixed it before release.
I remember once they did a mistake like this by replacing the original Edge icon with Chromium icon, they managed to fix it with the next update.
hhmm, unable to reply with a different method with photos to this message.... driving me crazy...

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile 

@Dennis5mile wrote:
hhmm, unable to reply with a different method with photos to this message.... driving me crazy...

Dennis5mile

Hmm on Email I get this

Annotation 2019-11-06 012015.png

Try uploading to Imgur.com

@HotCakeX wrote:

UPDATE 1:

You have to uninstall your browser and then download and reinstall it again from here:

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

this is one way to get the correct icon everywhere (start menu, taskbar, desktop) and with the correct label (Canary, Dev, Beta)

I did it and chose to delete user data during uninstall, but be careful, make sure to enable Sync before uninstall to prevent from losing any data.

UPDATE 2:

Thanks to@asplode 

Update 2 didn't work for me, my main profile still had the old icon. I found the .ico file and deleted it thinking that would work, but it just gave me a blank icon, even after uninstalling and reinstalling.

Deleting all data when uninstalling would work but Edge doesn't sync extensions yet so that's not ideal to have to set all of them back up. In the end all that fixed it for me was signing out of Sync and then back in.

@HotCakeX 

See pictures in my reply to self above...

I found another way to change the icon for whichever version you are using.  First right click the icon and then right click the exe for that version of edge you want changed then click properties.. follow the photos below which I did from my taskbar...

then on next screen choose change icon.. 

Then choose the icon you want, but make sure the path is correct

All my icons are correct now.... 

Hope this helps...

Dennis5mile

Thank you, added this as well!

@Dennis5mile Interesting that I can not attach/add these to my original post/reply...

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile 

Thanks,

found these :)

Annotation 2019-11-06 020706.png

unfortunately I can't test anymore because I already fixed it

Same Here Bro!

this topic is already solved.