Home Page tweaks (add site and news and personalised news)

Brass Contributor

Hello Edge insider community and developers.

Just looking and playing with the Home Page (which is beautiful btw) and had a few thoughts for some add on/ tweaks possibility.

The first one is, you have the option to add your own site by clicking on the plus sign which is easy and great. It would be awesome if you also had the ability to rename them too. As you can see from my image it can look messy and then on the Microsoft one (the 4th one in), I have no idea which site that is for without being able to rename it. Then have these sites synced with your account so they are the same on every browser would be the icing on the cake.

Annotation 2019-05-27 141226.png

With the personalised news on every reinstall or new install I find you need to re personalise it all over again. Since it's powered by Microsoft News, it would be fantastic to have an option to link it to your Microsoft News account.

Annotation 2019-05-27 141438.png

These may already be on the road map or they maybe just terrible ideas. However I wanted to share the idea of the more we can do things once on one install, then it flows through on all future browsers installs (or have installed already) ans that's including future Edge mobile and Xbox versions. It would be sweet.

Cheers.

1 Reply

@r33zA 

These are some interesting discoveries and suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to get them down here. I will make sure to present them to the product team for consideration.

Gabriel