HEY! Conspicuous by Omission!

Silver Contributor

I am, still, awaiting Share & or its icon, but, after updating Canary today, have FS.jpg

Sometimes you just have to see something 1st hand for yourself with your own eyes... only to say, "Wow, this is incomplete!" This is what this button should show AND that goes together with the Show in Toolbar (2nd image) which, also, STILL, awaits being included.

Favs icon.jpg

Toolbar.jpg

In other words, even if none of the other icons are assigned to the toolbar, when one hits FS.jpg the rest of the 'group' is, always, there for you in the panel.  This is ONLY JUST showing one's list of Favs; rather blatant what's, still, omitted.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

7 Replies

Hi Drew, Share is part of a controlled roll-out, and will be showing up in higher percentages soon.  Thanks for being patient!  Thanks - Elliot

@Drew1903 

As usual we appreciate your input and feedback Drew.

You probably already noticed how the features have been rolling out lately, almost one at a time, and then improving it some if needed before the next feature is released. 

I personally don't mind it, because it gives us time to collect everyone's feedback, and shape those features for everyone in feature builds.

Thanks again,

Frank.

Yes, thanks, Elliott. I know same, have even been saying it to others. We just continue to patiently wait, no worries. We know it's coming. We do this all the time with Win 10 Insider Builds, too.

Cheers,
Drew

Sent from Windows Phone
Yes, this is why I, also, am trying to urge Folks to have faith, be patient and just be excited when something does appear. It can't and won't happen all at once; nor in a short timeframe.

Cheers,
Drew

Sent from Windows Phone
Frank,

The process has heaps of merit and good reasons for being the way it is.

But, people are passionate and anxious about what they want. Some may not be hip to how big and complex this browser building is and how long it can take. Many will feel something not seen is missing as in omitted rather than not there, YET.
So they are scared, nervous, vocal... And, there is no Roadmap for them, to put them at ease instead of panicked or peeved.

Cheers,
Drew

Sent from Windows Phone

Hi Drew, are you still missing the Share button?  The feature owners suggested closing and reopening the browser 2 times.  If you still do not see the Share button, please send me a DM with the following information:

• What channel are you trying this on?
    • What version of Microsoft Edge are you using?
    • What OS and version are you installed on?
    • What country are you located in?

Thank you - Elliot

@Elliot Kirk 

Yes, Elliot and some other things, as well.  I, still, do not have Share (button or word).  I, also, still, do not have the, fancy, new, Settings pages w/ their changes.  I take it you don't feel I should, still, be waiting, Controlled Roll-out not withstanding... I'm, certainly, not the only one, still, w/out these things, you know.

• What channel are you trying this on? 
    Canary 78.0.273.0 and Dev 78.0.268.1 (Not applicable to Beta)
  • What version of Microsoft Edge are you using?
    Canary 78.0.273.0 and Dev 78.0.268.1 and Beta 77.0.235.22
  • What OS and version are you installed on?
    Win10 1903 18362.295 AND Win10 IB  Fast Track 18970
  • What country are you located in?
    Canada

Cheers,
    Drew
    thVY64FD02.jpg