Getting crashes from Intranet site (Websockets?)

Brass Contributor

Edge has been crashing on me frequently when I am using a particular custom Intranet site.  Unfortunately, since it is an Intranet site, I can't share a public link to it; however, I can mention that the site makes heavy use of JavaScript Websockets (uncommon so I wonder if that might have something to do with the crashes?).

What I am wondering is, how does one dig more deeply into this to figure out what exactly is causing the crash?  When Edge crashes it is unspectacular; the browser window (with all open tabs) simply closes.  When I re-open Edge, it says that "Edge closed unexpectedly" and it prompts me to restore the session which brings back all of the tabs that I had open previously.

Edge does appear to generate crash dumps and these appear to be being sent over to Microsoft (judging from edge://crashes/).  I do have access to the site JavaScript so I can make changes if needed, but I'd have to figure out where the problem is first.  Though, I haven't been able to reproduce these crashes in Google Chrome, it appears to be totally stable.  I don't think that a page (even a buggy one) should be able to totally take the whole browser down like this...

...Thoughts?

3 Replies

@Aaron44126 

Are you still seeing this same issue?

Have you tried the Dev and Beta Channels?

Gabriel

@v-gapart 

This was on the dev channel.  This issue disappeared after a build or two passed by.  I don't have it anymore.

@Aaron44126 

Great to see that worked.

Gabriel