Feature request: Windows ink

Brass Contributor

This idea is probably already in the works considering the original edge browser had this, but the ability to annotate web pages. As a student this is an extremely beneficial feature to have.

14 Replies
Seconded. As a teacher, it's also extremely beneficial. I can model worksheets on the touch board.
I hope all the features get ported to the new Edge plus more. only the underlying engine get swaped with chromium opon source engine, other features from original Edge stay.

@Sleuthelle:Yes! I fully endorse this idea. This was a differentiator for Edge! I have used this so many times. 

Be hard pressed to find a person NOT fully endorsing it, lol. People would ask, why do you like Edge... besides performance because of all its VERY cool Features and this sure is one of them, a big one!

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Most importantly: please support this for the built-in PDF viewer. I am using Edge regularly for proof reading PDFs

I really hope they would port the ability to annotate web pages and PDF documents to Edge Chromium soon!  Another feature I miss is the set tabs aside.

And I'll add my voice as well.  If I can't have this, I will be looking to use a different browser.  I loved this function on the original Edge especially annotating PDFs. Please port it over.

@Tim_G2145 

Tim, surely we few here are reflect millions of Users who want/will want Add Notes AND the rest of the stuff that's across the top bar in Edge.  There's no way the Team could build Edge C and omit that stuff.  Would be insanity.  If they weren't doing it, anyway, already, they MUST hear countless people saying, don't leave those items behind!

Cheers,

Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Same, main reason I used edge was for the

1. Ink support - Pen I use all the time. Please bring this back asap
  2. Ad Blockers
  3. Tab aside is also a cool feature but I find I didn't use it as much as I thought I would

I've been avoiding Insider builds because of this feature missing. Otherwise I just use chrome as it seems to be more resource efficient.

In my experience, I can have many more Chrome Tabs available than Edge and maintain system stability.

Don't know the details, but assuming/hoping that the switch to Chromium will fix that. :)

Being able to ink as well would be brilliant!

thank you

@MinasCasiou 

Hi Minas,

Edge C. is based on the same Chromium platform as Chrome... suggesting performance to be the same or better... most Folks are finding these early Builds to be better.

Windows Ink, termed Add notes in Edge, is one of a few items known to be 'missing' presently with Edge C.  We are given to believe the stuff will be in by the time of release.

Ad blockers are not in the browser, by default.  Whether Edge or Edge C, they are extensions added by the End User.  There are a few of them available from both the MS Store & the Chrome Store.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Thanks @Drew1903 . Great to hear the Add notes feature is planned to be included - great relief!

RE: AdBlockers for Chrome - I haven't had a great experience with the Chrome Ad Blocker extensions. They don't seem to work well. Possibly due to Google's core business & conflicts of interest. I know there's been changes in approach by Google here, but my experience for whatever reason with Chrome and Ad blocking has been poor.

My experience with Edge (again theory aside) has been positive. Hope it remains.

Cheers

@MinasCasiou 

Minas, in Edge I use Adblocker Ultimate from the MS Store & it's terrific!.  It is not in the MS extensions for Edge C, but, it can be found in the Chrome Store HERE. I am using it with Edge C & again, it's terrific.

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

Thanks Drew. Trying it out now. Use AdGuard Blocker for Edge. Seems to work well.

@Sleuthelle For me is the most important feature in Edge is the true motive to use it has my main browser, so it´s absolutely mandatory!