Feature Request - Read Aloud improvements

Copper Contributor

1. Read Aloud - Fastest speed in new Edge based on Chromium is slower than Fastest in old Edge. Please make it at least as fast or even faster.
2. Read Aloud - new Edge doesn't have controls to Start/Pause, Previous and Next paragraphs. Please add them. (Already implemented)
3. Read Aloud - Please create shortcuts to all actions in Read Aloud and even better make them configurable by user.
4. Read Aloud - Please make profiles of Read Aloud saveable and also create shortcuts to those saved profiles. (Why? I read articles in English and also in my native language Czech. And Edge can't recognize the language of the articles consistently, so quick switch to another profile via shortcut would be MUCH appriciated! Also it doesn't remember my default profile for english and still switching to other english voice than I want in English. So quick shortcut would solve this issue as well for me. Better to pres few keys than navigating mouse to 4 places and having to click 4 times.)

I use Read Aloud on the daily basis and I think these are the biggest pain points of this feature. I LOVE IT, but if you fix these pain points, I think it will be game changer.

Thanks

4 Replies
I also felt the fastest speed in "Read aloud" mode was very slow.
Thank you @jakubsuchy for your feedback on Read Aloud. I will bring this feedback to the team that is working on the feature.

@Elliot Kirk Fantastic... It's a *great* feature, I just wish it would go faster.  =) 

@Elliot Kirk Also looking for a keyboard shortcut to start Read Aloud.  This was available in Edge previously (pre-C).

Thanks!