Feature Request: Choose Profile from Edge Context Menu on Taskbar

Copper Contributor

Piggy-backing on https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Feature-request-Start-menu-Taskbar-Desktop-shortc..., I'd like to see in the right-click menu of Edge icon in taskbar the ability to choose what profile opens.  Right now, it defaults to the last profile used, but that's not necessarily the profile I want to use.

Alternatively, maybe a way to set the default profile that opens if no Edge UI's are open.  That may be tougher since you can now have background extensions running without the main UI open.

2 Replies

@Brian Griffeth

Thank you for sharing this information with us. That is an interesting option. I'm not sure if that is something that can be practically implemented. I will present it to the product team for their consideration.

Gabriel

@v-gapart I would love to hear if any progress has been made on @Brian Griffeth's suggestion. AS a consultant, I have profiles for each of my customers, allowing me to customize Favorites and credentials for each. Right now I just pin a profile to the task bar, but my taskbar is quickly filling up with Edge icons! Alternatively, I just open the default profile, then switch, but then I have a random Edge window open unless I go back and close the default.

Having the ability to right click on the taskbar icon, hit an "Open profile..." sub-menu that has all of my profiles listed and pick the profile to open would be simple and help productivity of all users that have multiple profiles.

Thanks for your consideration.

Don Kirkham