Feature Request: Add Delete option to Downloads

Copper Contributor

Sometimes you click a download link by accident and something you didn't want gets downloaded. Instead of just clicking 'Show in folder', then deleting from File Explorer, it would be great if a new option 'Delete' were added to the menu.

4 Replies
the button better be in here: edge://downloads/ and Not at the bottom of the Edge's window next to the show in folder option. it's gonna be painful if you accidentally click on the delete.

@HotCakeX I think it needs to be in both places.  I don't want to have to go to edge://downloads to do this for a one off file that was accidentally downloaded; I'd rather just click that file in the window and quickly get rid of it.  I would image an "Are you sure" prompt could/should be added to any delete action to mitigate your valid accidental delete concern.  I really like the suggestion of adding a delete to all downloads via edge://downloads; this should be a one-stop place for stuff like that.

You say one off file right? that doesn't sound like something that happens all the time, so opening the dedicated downloads page wouldn't take too much time.

bonus tip: it takes 2 clicks to go there. ( Ctrl + J for shortcut )

Totally agree.  I use the shortcut regularly, so your suggestion would be better than nothing - since it is something not needed very often.  However, I hate 'hidden' options...where I've got to go to a specific screen to do something.@HotCakeX