SOLVED

[FIXED] Bug while trying to close tabs

MVP

UPDATE 1: Bug FIXED in Version 79.0.293.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

UPDATE 2: Bug returned again in Version 79.0.297.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

UPDATE 3: Bug FIXED again in Version 79.0.299.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

There is a bug when trying to close tabs in the latest Edge insider update

Version 79.0.280.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

here is the video:

https://imgur.com/a/JQzH6eG

Tab Hover Cards flag is causing it.

24 Replies
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

Hi @HotCakeX, thank you for alerting us to this issue.  This looks like it is a Chromium flag added by someone outside of Microsoft.  I will let out tab owners know that this flag is in and causing weird behaviors.  Thanks - Elliot

Thanks,
I should mentions that Tab Hover Cards flag has been in the Edge insider Canary for 1 month, maybe even more. It never caused any problems until today.
I'm having the same issue, which just started today.... And I've had the "Tab Hover Cards" flag enabled since it showed up ...

Dennis5mile
Haizz...Still not fixed...
Yeah, i'd give it more time, maybe in the next few canary updates
Yeah, I've just set the "Tab Hover Cards" to default and all is now good... no more trouble with tabs...

Dennis5mile

@HotCakeX 

If I can click the x before the tab appears, it works. If it doesn't, I just use Ctrl W.

That's a good shortcut to remember for these situations.
they haven't fixed the problem yet, they just turned the flag off by default.
the problem is still there and started happening since Version 79.0.280.0 Canary
and still Not fixed in Version 79.0.283.0 canary
Tab Hover Card Flag has been fixed in this update for Canary Version 79.0.293.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Dennis5mile
Nice, thanks for the heads up
Since todays update "Version 79.0.297.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)" The flag for "Tab Hover Card" seems to be broke again.....

At least it is for me.

Dennis5mile
Yes unfortunately it's back again.. :(

In my case, I could never see the fix of this bug, the tooltips (and the tab hover cards) disappeared for 3 days so I could not check if in any of the versions released during those days this bug was fixed or not, anyway, the bug with the tab hover cards was fixed in Chrome Canary a week ago (it is still present in Chrome Dev) so I think we will see the same fix in Edge Canary tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

@leopeva64-2_ wrote:

In my case, I could never see the fix of this bug, the tooltips (and the tab hover cards) disappeared for 3 days so I could not check if in any of the versions released during those days this bug was fixed or not, anyway, the bug with the tab hover cards was fixed in Chrome Canary a week ago (it is still present in Chrome Dev) so I think we will see the same fix in Edge Canary tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

@leopeva64-2_ 

During the time between Version 79.0.293.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) and Version 79.0.297.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit), the Tab hover cards bug was fixed, but now it's temporarily back again. hopefully for the last time.

Hi, does anyone know when this is going to spin out to Dev?

Also, is it fixed, as in; whatever interaction with the 'Hover cards' (or whatever) is genuinely resolved?

Or is it just a work around, as in; the 'hover card' flag is turned off.

Sorry to get all ITIL on the thread, but this thing is actually a real pain in the ... ... app.

EDIT - For reference, nuEdge users can find the flag here:

edge://flags/#tab-hover-cards

Neither "Enabled B" or "Enabled C" help, either, you need to disable it.

@eliotcole-projectfive 

Hi, I just changed it again to not fixed because it came back again in latest canary update :\

the next update for canary and Dev will probably fix it again with the hope that it will never come back..

@HotCakeX, cheers, bud. :thumbs_up:

Wasn't aiming anything at you, by the way, mate ... all questions, and all toward the development team. An inquisitive soul, is all. : - )

Anyway, yah, whatever *is* done on this ... purely from my POV ... I'd still put the question about FIX v WORK-AROUND to the MS devs on this, too. Perhaps in general, tbh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh it's alright, I had to change the post title anyway cause it would be misleading for others when the bug is returned x)

@HotCakeX Yesterday, it was working fine. Now its a little more reliable than before, but still annoying.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HotCakeX (MVP)
Solution

Hi @HotCakeX, thank you for alerting us to this issue.  This looks like it is a Chromium flag added by someone outside of Microsoft.  I will let out tab owners know that this flag is in and causing weird behaviors.  Thanks - Elliot

View solution in original post