[FIXED] An error occurred while checking for updates: Failed to cache the downloaded installer.

MVP

UPDATE: The issue is Fixed.

An error occurred while checking for updates: Failed to cache the downloaded installer. Error: 0x800b0109. (error code 7: 0xA043050D).

Version 78.0.274.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Trying to update my Canary and i get this error. on my laptop which runs a non-insider Windows OS and Edge Canary i'm getting the same error.

computer restart does not fix the problem.

26 Replies
Hi, yup it got fixed today for me too

One thing that I noticed during the update troubles yesterday was that the ellipsis menu was replaced by a green (or yellow, I can't remember) icon that told me that an update was available. First time I've seen that. Love the idea. Saves me from having to go to Help and Feedback/About MS Edge every time.@HotCakeX .

@Jacques Van de Meerssche If you want you can set edge://settings/help (type it in) as your startup page (in settings than startup tab to set it). With that every time you enter Edge browser for the first time or reentering after closing out all tabs it will automatically load that page and check for updates each time opening the browser (and let you know the current version). I have that set as my startup page for that reason.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Yeah, google chrome does that too, i wish i could modify the update checking cycle

The way it worked yesterday was the best of both worlds to me. I get to keep my original newsfeed homepage while Edge must have in some way checked for updates in the background and notified me of the availability @Anthony . Wish I'd taken a screenshot.

@Jacques Van de Meerssche Well you can run multiple startup pages along with that one. I have that one startup page because I don't have any other specific pages to open too. Technically Edge does check for updates when you enter the browser, and Edge has a scheduler set in your task schedule to do the same:

Capture.JPG

I receive same error when go to about to update it.

New Edge browser is fast I like it, but can't update it due to this error.