Extensions

Iron Contributor

I use Avira password manager from the chrome web store. I logged in and the username and passwords don't populate. What's the issue.

7 Replies

Hi @QueenNini, I have never used Avira, but I haven't heard of problems like this with other password managers.  Can you please tell me what version of Microsoft Edge you are using and which channel? This will help me look into this much more efficiently. Thanks - Elliot

@Elliot Kirk  Thank you. I'm using the Edge beta that I was invited to use. What do you mean by channel?

Hi @QueenNini, we have several different versions of Microsoft Edge available to try out.  Our daily builds can be seen if you install the Canary channel.  These builds will have the most up to date features, but will sometimes contain bugs that can cause major issues, including data loss.  Our next, more stable channel, is the Developer channel.  The Developer channel gets an update around once each week, and represents the best of the Canary version from the previous week.  Even more reliable, and what we recommend for most people is the Beta channel.  The Beta channel will receive a major update about every 6 weeks, and minor fixes as needed.  It should not contain any really painful bugs, but also may not contain the very latest version of each feature, if more work was done after it was released.  All of these channels can be installed independently and update independently.  You can learn more and install any channel you would like to try at our Insider website: https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download.

Thanks - Elliot

Thank you very much on the suggestion. I will look into the various Edge browsers. So does that mean for this particular extension might still work when there are updates,

@Elliot Kirk  I'm using the Beta version since I was invited to test it. I will look into the other browsers of Edge as well.

Hi @QueenNini. It might work on one of the other channels, as they have newer code.  I cannot say for certain though, as I do not use that particular password manager.  If you do install one of the other channels and try it there, please let me know if it works or not.  If it does, you may just need to wait until whatever fixes are in that channel make it into our Beta channel.  Thanks - Elliot

@Elliot Kirk Will let you know thank you