Edge privacy scare on the very first launch

Brass Contributor

How I remember Chromium Edge on my very first Beta install on my Windows 10. Upon its very first launch -- it had my Microsoft ID account logged in, and all favorites imported. How? I might remember that wrong, but I don't remember clicking on any "I agree" to login and to import anything when Edge launched. I'd like to have it pure and empty if I don't give it any consent. Do I remember it wrong? Isn't there a dialog when it launches?

I don't think I can reproduce it now to confirm, as it is installed already, and normally when you uninstall some data is still left.

5 Replies
That's right Beta which is still in older 77 version still imports data from chrome or built-in Edge, whichever is installed, it's the default behavior.
yes it needs a change and it's a valid request to have Edge insider ask user first before importing any data.

I wonder if MS is following (in or around) Chromium's time table of release versions which are:

Estimated* Stable Dates
*These dates are subject to change without advance notice and provided here only for rough planning purposes. New bugs, security incidents, holiday schedules, partner dependencies and process changes can all affect these dates and move it in either direction. The date only estimates the week of 1st stable push of a release – it does not imply that all end points will be updated by this week.

Release   Estimated Week of Stable
72 Jan 29th, 2019 (Feb 5th for Chrome OS)
73 Mar 12th, 2019 (Mar 19th for Chrome OS)
74 April 23rd, 2019 (April 30th for Chrome OS)
75 June 4th, 2019 (June 11th for Chrome OS)
76 July 30th, 2019 (Aug 6th for Chrome OS)
77 Sept 10th, 2019 (Sept 17th for Chrome OS)
78 Oct 22nd, 2019 (Oct 29th for Chrome OS) 
79 Dec 10th, 2019 (Dec 17th for Chrome OS) 

As of 09/07/2019 this is the tree branch of where all the Chromium (and Chrome) versions are at:

Capture.JPG

They mentioned their Chrome OS there in the list as if it's the most used OS in the world..pfff