Edge had an empty Recently Closed list after brownout

Steel Contributor

There was a brownout at my house and history's Recently Closed List was empty. All websites appeared in History itself, just not in Recently Closed. Continue where you left off (when I first launched Edge Canary) didn't work because it had no list to work with.

The Recently Closed list is very important right now because its the best way to go for those of us who are addicted to the 4 Set Tabs Aside feature of Edge Classic because it also contains a special way to display previously open Edge instances. 

Annotation 2019-04-28 231725.jpg

The arrow points to a previous Windows instance that contained six tabs. If I click on it, Edge will open a new instance exactly at the same location where it was previously open with all six tabs open.

By the way, when using Edge Classic, this has never happened. Is it because this feature was handled by Windows itself? If so, is it possible to get Edge Chromium to get the same access?

2 Replies

@NicolSD 

Thank you for this information. This is a useful request that I can see myself using.  It is possible that some of what you have there has been corrected since the original post. If you haven't already, you would want to update your copy of Microsoft Edge Insider Build.

Gabriel