Edge chromium in production?

Copper Contributor

Part of my job is to create desktops for a small college. I'm leaning very heavily toward including Edge now in my builds (LTSC 1809), even though final release has yet to appear.

I wonder if the final release will simply replace the installed dev version on my machines. 

Anyone think this is not a great idea?

Anyone else doing this?

TIA, David

2 Replies
My best guess is that the new Microsoft Edge stable version will replace the old Edge in Windows 10 20H1 which is currently in Insider fast ring and will be publicly released in the first half of 2020. at that time it will be inside Windows 10 pro but to expect it to be included inside LTSC edition i think you gotta give it another year (2021 maybe).

one thing is for sure though, right now if you go on and install the Dev version of the Microsoft Edge on your desktops then they will most likely stay in Dev channel and get Dev updates, even when Microsoft releases the beta or stable version of the new Edge.

@HotCakeX Thanks HotCakeX, that makes sense. I guess I will take the dev version out of my reference image. Your reply is well timed as I have not started to clone the target systems yet. Thanks again.