Edge UI Customisation - A la Vivaldi?

Copper Contributor

I have been using Vivaldi Browser for quite some time now, mostly for the large amount of customisation of the its interface. You can do a lot in Vivaldi.

Some of my favorite features are:

- scale UI element to x% (reduce/increase the size of the UI elements including buttons, bars etc)

- Hide/show UI elements (can be associated with keyboard short cuts).For instance, for me Shift + Space hide/show the address bar, Ctrl + Space hide/show the tab bar, etc

I most work with only the tab bar on, giving me maximum screen space.

- Hide/show buttons on the bar.

Also, the tab organisation in Vivaldi is great, you can stack tabs, display several tabs side by sides etc.

2 Replies
Hi @happytoon, thank you for this feedback. Can you please describe why these particular features are so valuable to you, and what problems you feel that they solve?
Thanks again.

@Elliot Kirk 

Sure, I don't use Chrome as I find the address bar and tab bar too big, especially on a small screen (Laptop etc).

Being able to hide show UI element at a press of a shortcut give me the maximum screen space for the web page itself and a much "cleaner" web experience. The set up I use most is a screen with only the tab bar shown (a full screen with tab bar) also, my UI element are set up to display at 80% of their size, giving a less intrusive UI when browsing...

I rarely use the address bar or button in the bar (I use gesture/mouse buttons for navigation) and big for search when opening a new tab.

At work, I also have a Logitech MX mouse with dedicated back/forward buttons, and other button configure to Vivaldi UI. This way I can fully optimise my workflow and web experience.

Have a play with Vivaldi and have a look at the setting (Alt+P) to get a better idea...