Edge Tabs (closing tab doesnt return focus to last tab used.

Copper Contributor

It really would be so much help to users if you would return to the "last tab used" when closing a "current tab", rather than just hitting the next tab back... there could be 10 tabls open and I would jump from tab 1 to tab 10, close tab 10, and expect to be returned to tab 1... Is there a reason why this feature is not being considered? 

6 Replies
Hi @dan_zenzel, we are still working on a lot of our user experience. I have let the owner of our tab management know of your comments. Please keep using the build and let us know how we are doing.
Thanks,
Elliot

@Elliot Kirk thanks, please also consider using most recently used (MRU) tab switching when using the keyboard shortcuts (same behavior as windows alt-tab). IMO that should be the default as the current behavior is pretty much useless, and default are harder to change later. I think both issues are related as they need the focused tab history.

If you want to gauge interest, just look at these issues on the chromium project regarding this: 

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list?can=1&q=MRU&sort=-stars&colspec=ID%20Pri%20M%20Star...

As of this post date and current version if I open 5 tabs from Tab 1, no matter what one I'm on an close it it goes back to tab 1 . This is really annoying as I would want it to go to the next tab opened. So in plain simple terms I have Tab1, open 5 tabs 2-6. I read and close tab2 it should go to tab3 or if I read tab5 and close it should go to tab4. I just updated yesterday to Dev 92.0.902.4 and prior to this it wroked the way I wanted it to.

Just updated to 92.0.902.8 and still the same problem.
Go to edge://flags and disable Tab Groups and Tab Groups Auto Create
hi @Elliot Kirk I just wanted to check if there has been any update on this please and thanks in advance?