Edge Tabs and Scroll

Brass Contributor

In a past build of Microsoft Edge, there was the option to hold Shift and scroll though tabs, as it appears Edge is not efficient at squeezing tabs without cutting off tabs once a tab limit is reached. 

14 Replies
Speaking of scrolling tabs, it would also be great if we could search tabs and if they didn't shrink a ton like Firefox.
It's a pretty neat shortcut to implement,
but when you say past build of Microsoft Edge, do you mean the insider version or the classic one (Embedded in Windows 10)?

@pneenkoalabear Searching tabs would be a nice addition. 

Insider Edition.
Oh so it was already here but they removed it..that's not good
I guess without explanation cause I haven't seen much about it..
Yes, they removed it; I found out from someone else online, although now it's removed. I hope someone can remember this feature and the build ?

@Reprobus R I don't remember that in any of the builds has appeared what you mentioned (...hold Shift and scroll though tabs), in general, since the first versions of the new Edge were released, I am always aware of these major changes, so it seems strange to me that I have not noticed such an important change...

@leopeva64-2_ 

What was the new Edge Build number from two months ago ?

This is what was told to me, two months ago; when it was working.

I don't remember that in any of the builds has appeared what you mentioned (...hold Shift and scroll though tabs), in general, since the first versions of the new Edge were released, I am always aware of these major changes, so it seems strange to me that I have not noticed such an important change...

I was also told, it will come soon to the browser ?

@Reprobus R 

"I was also told, it will come soon to the browser "

Maybe you are referring to one of my comments in Reddit, in that comment I said that feature would be added later because Chromium developers are working on something called "Scrollable TabStrip", and when that feature is available on Chrome, it will also be possible to enable it on Chromium Edge. In that comment I never said that this feature worked on the new Edge at that time.

@Reprobus R wrote:
Yes, they removed it; I found out from someone else online, although now it's removed. I hope someone can remember this feature and the build ?

@Reprobus R 

I also do remember using such feature in previous versions of Edge insider, probably early stages and they removed it quick. Microsoft sometimes add some features and then removed them quickly to get feedbacks and improve it. one of them i do remember is tab grouping, the other might be this tab scrolling

Yes definitely
if enough users request it Microsoft can develop it without waiting on google chromium, just like any other features that are specific to Edge only :)
Where can we do a feature request for Scrollable Tab Strips ?

@Reprobus R 

well here in this forum that you've already done it and developers come visit regularly, you can also submit it using the smiley button at top right corner of Edge, that way you'll also get personal Emails about your request once they process it

@Reprobus R 

"I was also told, it will come soon to the browser"

Maybe you're referring to one of my comments in Reddit, I said it would be added later because Chromium developers are working on something called "Scrollable TabStrip", and when that feature is available on Chrome, it will also be possible to enable it on Chromium Edge. In that comment I never said that feature worked on the new Edge at that time.