Edge Dev PDF reader with wrong title encoding

Copper Contributor

批注 2019-08-24 124948.png

I'm a Chinese user and this is what a get from the newest release of Edge Dev. If you open a pdf file with a name containing Chinese, it shows title in a wrong encoding while the link itself and its pages are correct. Other titles are correct, like "百度一下,你就知道".

4 Replies

Hi @RoderickQiu, if I understand you right, you are saying that the file name of the pdf file is wrong in Microsoft Edge, but the contents of the pdf file are correct.  Can you open the same pdf file in another reader, and make sure that it is displayed correctly?  Can you either link the file or tell us how the file name has been encoded?  Thanks - Elliot

@Elliot Kirk 

It just works fine in Edge. And for one thing is that I found in the moment I open that pdf and it was rendering the filename, the title of the page is right. But I think that Edge Dev is trying to comprehend the content of the document and it went wrong (I tried to rename the file, and the problem is still here). 图片.png

图片.png

@Elliot KirkIt seems to be the problem of Chrome PDF renderer? I tried this document in another Chromium browser and it also occurs.

Anyway, many documents that have the problem are from the website CNKI. For some pdfs which renderer cannot comprehend the title (and only show its filename as the title), it just works fine in Chinese.

Cannot link a file because tech-community isn't supporting that, and I'm only using Chinese netdisk services.