Edge Dev Broken (Stuck Minimized)

Copper Contributor

I've been using Edge Chromium (Dev Version) without any problems until today.

I have an LG Monitor for my PC, and used the preinstalled on-screen control app (it allows you to organize multiple windows on the screen and snaps them into position)

I have previously used this program without issue with Microsoft Edge Dev, but this time when I tried to snap Edge Dev to a section of the screen the window disappeared from view. The window is still open on the taskbar, and I can hover over it. When I do so, I see above my taskbar the little window preview.

The window preview is full width, but is very short, only showing the bookmark bar and everything above it, and is fitted down against my taskbar so instead of a screen-like preview shape it's just a thin rectangle. 

If I close all other windows and open programs on my PC and then hover over Edge Dev, nothing happens. I have tried closing all programs, restarting my PC, messing around with the LG snap window program - trying different shapes and also just disabling it - and have not been successful thus far of getting Edge Dev to launch an actual window I can browse in. I can open multiple windows, and close them individually, etc. But they all stay down on the taskbar as if they are permanently minimized.

If I press WIN+TAB it will bring the Edge Dev Preview (Just the thin rectangle with the bookmarks bar but no webpage, shrunk down to fit) beside any others like normal. If I click it, my PC will either open whatever else is open, or open nothing if only Edge Dev is running.

It is entirely possible that the issue with Edge Dev is entirely unrelated to my window management using the LG software, but the issue did occur when I was actively beginning to reorganize my windows to begin a work session. I am not sure what the issue may be exactly, but I am for the time being unable to use Edge Dev because of the issue. It seems to be able to launch and control the area that remains the same between web pages (bookmarks bar, web address bar, extensions, the tab area, etc.) But unable to load the area where web pages are dynamically displayed. 

If I open a new window of Edge Dev, I can see just the tiniest hint of the web page at the bottom of the skinny rectangle preview, and it is successfully showing just the very top clipping of the bing home page, which is my home page. So, Edge Dev is successfully navigating to and loading the page - it just can't seem to display it. 

I can provide a video/pictures if that would be of use for troubleshooting - idk how understandable my description has been. Have been enjoying the website compatibility of Edge on Chromium so far. I'm not sure what I broke, so happy hunting boys.

1 Reply

@JustXan 

Sorry for the late reply, but are you still running into problems with Edge Dev Windows management working correctly?

If you are, can you please take a screenshot of how it's snapping or just stuck in minimized mode.

I would recommend trying out Edge Canary also to see if you are running into the same Window placement problems.

Thanks for your patience,

Frank