Edge DEV and Edge Canary download and update servers down

Copper Contributor

You need to check your servers for Edge Canary and Edge DEV. It appears to be down. I get this error 

An error occurred while checking for updates: Unable to connect to the Internet. If you use a firewall, please allowlist MicrosoftEdgeUpdate.exe. (error code 7: 0xA0430332). I disabled the firewall did not fix. I also get this error when I try to redownload the Microsoft Edge Canary from the installer.

14 Replies

I'm also getting a "Unable to connect to the Internet" error from the Edge Insider Dev Channel setup.

Same, here. Tried running the Edge Installer for the Dev channel, and it fails reporting, "Unable to connect to the Internet. If you ..."
same issue here, can't upgrade to new version.

Yep. Here as well, on all 3 PCs around my house.

Thanks for reporting the issue! We've notified the right team to take a look at the issue.

@techguru30We've had the same issue. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon.

Me too :(
Please hurry up!!
Please try again as we've addressed the Edge download/update issue. Thanks again and let me know if you're experiencing any other download issues!
You should be able to download/update now. Please try and let me know if you're having any other issues. Also feel free to file a ticket to get direct support from the Edge team via: https://microsoftedgesupport.microsoft.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?

@Joon Chang It is working.

@Joon Chang 

Hi there, its working now :)

Thanks for the heads up! Are you still seeing the same error? Both Canary and DEV builds are downloading and installing without the error from my end. I'm happy to follow up if you're still blocked.
It is all good now 8)8)