Edge Canary 78.0.266.0 - Close Other Tabs is missing

Steel Contributor

Was there yesterday, but gone today.

clipboard_image_0.png

13 Replies
Same here.
some features tend to come and go regularly. i blame the A/B testing. because of that, the features in the Edge browsers are fluid, they can be enabled and disabled remotely. so even though the codes are inside your browser, they are not activated.

I understand A/B testing, but I have a hard time believing that this is not a bug.

Look for example I don't currently have the Share button in my Edge UI. few hours later it will come back by itself. the same applies to other features.
another example is the sync options, sometimes it shows only favorite sync is enabled, after a while the rest of them come back.
it also happened when they first introduced the favorites button at the top of the browser next to profile picture. used to come and go randomly until it stopped and became a fixed button.
Again, not the same thing as a Close Other Tabs option to me.
Don't think it's only about the Microsoft Edge insider.
Windows 10 insider is the same. they are applying this A/B testing to the whole range of Insider products. some Windows 10 insider features are available in one build for some people and on the next one they will become unavailable for that same people but will become available for another bunch of people.
they also do it on the regional basis, detecting users' location based on their IP address. it's complicated
Maybe it's the first time you've seen such thing but i've experienced it before a lot

@Keith Davis Same here, not on mine either:

Untitled.png

Feature isn't on Chromium either (not sure if it's an exclusive to Edge only or if it's also gone there too):

Untitled2.png

@HotCakeX  

I'm not disagreeing that they do A/B testing. I'm disagreeing that this issue is A/B testing.

Funny how Google is still controlling Microsoft's Edge browser features.
the change must have come from the chromium update then. there is no way Google and Microsoft coordinate their A/B testing
50% it's a bug, 50% it's an unwanted change coming from chromium source

@HotCakeX Yeah. That is from Edge 78.0.266.0 & Chromium's 78.0.3903.0 which are the most recent builds as of the time of this post. 

Interesting to see what happens in days or weeks to come if the feature is reinstated or not. 

Hope MSFT do something about it.

Thank you for letting us know about this, @Keith Davis.  It is my understanding that these menu items should be back very soon.  Thanks - Elliot