SOLVED

Edge Canary 77.0.211.0 always on top, dropdown menus not functioning

Brass Contributor

Latest Edge Canary 77.0.211.0 has added a couple issues:

• Edge is always on top. Unless I minimize the edge window(s) , no other program or app can be brought to the foreground, except for other Edge windows.
  • html dropdown menus don't work. I can click on them but the menu does not popup, only the field gets selected. Navigation up and down the menu is possible by using the up and down arrows.

Anybody else having these issues? Any workaround?

71 Replies

Same issue here. Is annoying.

@Deleted wrote:

Same issue here. Is annoying.

Oh well... As much as this is annoying like you said, it is a little bit comforting to know that I'm not the only one. This is the first disrupting issue I ever encounter on Insider Edge, knowing that I've been on the Canary channel since day one.

Hello,

what Windows version are you using?

Windows 10 1903
Just updated to the slow ring insider preview (19H2)
Windows 10 v1903, build 18362.207

@alibayram Exactly the same issues here on 77.0.211.0.

Same issues on Windows 10 1903, Edge Canary build 77.0.211.0

Got the same issue with the same build

I can confirm the issue with Edge being "always on top" in build 77.0.211.0.

Windows version 1903 - Build 18362.175

same here, dropdown items can be accessed via arrow up / down

@alibayram I am seeing the same thing. This also has another discussion open and I have reported it via the Send Feedback smiley.

@alibayram Same here. Tried resetting it, to no avail. 

Same issue here, Edge 77.0.211.0, Windows 10 v1903 - build 18362.207

@alibayram 

I confirm the same issue on Windows 10 18932.1000 that is the latest insider build for the operating system at this time.

@alibayram wrote:

Latest Edge Canary 77.0.211.0 has added a couple issues:

• Edge is always on top. Unless I minimize the edge window(s) , no other program or app can be brought to the foreground, except for other Edge windows.
  • html dropdown menus don't work. I can click on them but the menu does not popup, only the field gets selected. Navigation up and down the menu is possible by using the up and down arrows.

Anybody else having these issues? Any workaround?

I can confirm both of these. I just recently rebuilt (Clean Windows Install) my Surface Book 2 and decided to forgo Chrome and try Edge Canary full time and when 211 hit, both of these problems surfaced. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rimackri (Microsoft)
Solution
It is fixed now. Thanks for the response...:)

View solution in original post