Edge C & Timeline! Ponder this...

Silver Contributor

This was with Edge the default browser not, Edge C.  I have since (just) changed that to Edge Dev. I was curious to run that way & see how that goes.  In regard to this discussion, means Canary items, now, open in Dev.  For all else, behavior described below was unchanged.

-----------------------------------

Certainly, Timeline should give a full & accurate display of past activities.  Because I feel this is 'a given', I have been doing some checking, occasionally.  I had seen some comments here about Edge C 'work' not showing in Timeline.  Well, take a look :eyes: at what I have to share, what I have brought to Show & Tell:

Preface: On this machine (See photo ⬇) I have mostly been working in Edge Dev & Canary. Really, only > Edge to check comparisons to Edge C.  Yet...

The #1s were done in Edge C, yet, show as if Edge & open as such, also.  Everything opens in Edge except...

The #2s are from the requested excercise with PDFs. Notice their logo & name. They, indeed, open Edge Dev!

and

The #3s are more of the PDF excercise.  These were done in Canary.  Notice their logo & name.  They, indeed, open Edge Canary!

The #4s: If I recall, I looked 'around' for pdf files I would use in the excercise. And, these were, ultimately, not used.  Explains the additional 2 PDFs that are, obviously, Edge.  I'm telling about the 4s so, you won't be confused or baffled by any of this ;). ( <-- Facetious irony).  I reckon this may be food for thought, maybe, fuel for discussion.

TL.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

1 Reply

@Drew1903 

Sorry this wasn't addressed sooner, though I think this issue was addressed through the Microsoft Edge Insider Support team.

Gabriel