Edge Beta UI with foreign language is terrible,,,

Copper Contributor

I recently installed edge insider on second computer with Korean language based Windows 10. 

And I found that translation is TERRIBLE at all. I think Edge Insider UI Translation is based on computer
translate technology. And, there are tons of mistakes.

For instance, if you print page, there are two options(portrait and landscape). I know that portrait means print with shorter side of the page at top and bottom side. However, in Korean translated Edge Insider, it says literally 'portrait': The painting. And, landscape translate is also wrong, so Korean translated Edge Insider says 'landscape': picture of nature, architectures.

It can makes lots of users in Korea will be SO confused if MS launch this software with terrible translation. I know it is only 'insider' version, but I hope MS to fix this problem or let users like us to translate to their language or Edge Insider.

3 Replies

@Dohyeon 

Thanks for your feedback on this, and letting us know how translation is working out.

We are still working on improving features like this while we are in the early stages of the browsers so thanks again for letting us know.

If you can, please send in feedback also through the Edge Insider browser.

• Click the Smiley Face on the top right corner of the browser
  • In the Describe what's happening box you can type Korean language translation has many errors still, and list the example.
  • You can send in a screenshot of it if you would like.
  • Then click Send.

We appreciate your feedback,

Frank

Hey there! I confirm that Russian translation is far from being perfect as well! I had the same feeling that either their translator is student who isn't fluent in language\terminology or they're doing machine translation! Microsoft really has a good translators for their OS and other products, I was shocked that translation of Edge is so poor! It's time to open Edge Translation Insider program.

@Dohyeon 

Yeah. I think it is terrible.

And the reason is that it is based on Bing translation.