Don't turn the page!

Silver Contributor

Maybe, should say, don't change the page.  Point, here, is when going to Settings, Favorites or whatever... one needs & wants to, STILL, be on & looking at the page they were viewing & or other actions on that site.  "Leaving' it, changing pages whilst, delving into various peripherals that go along with it & or said activity, is unusable, unacceptable, silly, not intuitive, unexpected & ridiculous.  It, plain & simply, makes no logical sense, at all!  I mentioned this near the onset of the Forum.  Since, countless others have spoken to the same irritating, aggravating approach... being disjointed is counter-productive.  Whether it's from an icon at the top or from within the ellipsis, don't turn the page!  OR, to put it another way, it MUST stay the way it is, now, in Edge with flyouts! 

There, glad I have that off my chest :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

3 Replies

If anyone is confused as I was reading this post, here's a translation. Drew is saying that when you click on the buttons for 'History', 'Settings, 'Favourites', 'Extensions', etc it should open that in a new Tab like it currently does. This is instead of it replacing whatever tab you had selected at the time.

@Cameron_Bush 

Here are pictures instead of words.

Example: To Settings

YES to this way...
YES.jpg
NO, to this way...
NO.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@Drew1903Ohh so you meant a contextual view for the settings etc menus. Yeah I agree, Old Edge handles them is a much better way and keeps you immersed in what you're doing. Changing to a different page is rather abrupt and the pages are full of white unused space.