Disable search suggestion

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I just installed the new Edge and I love it. It is much better than Firefox. However, I do not like the search bar suggestion. Is there anyway we can turn it off? I spent hours and hours searching on the internet but could not get an answer. If someone can help, I would be very appreciate.

clipboard_image_0.png

I can only turn off the "show me search and site suggestion using my typed characters". However, it still suggests base on history and bookmarks. I share my computer with my brother, so if it keep suggesting, I will need to come back to Firefox regardless of how good the Edge can be.

Please please help out, I like the new Edge a lot. Thank you very much in advance.

1 Reply

@Brian500 

Hi,

would it work for you if you made a 2nd profile for your brother so whenever he intended to use the browser, he could just switch the user profile?

or alternatively he could use the feature called "browse as guest" which gives him a clean browser Window isolated from your own bookmarks and other data.

Annotation 2019-08-27 142647.png

you can even create a different Edge insider shortcut on desktop or start menu and point it to a specific user profile.