Dev channel update to 79.0.294.1 is live

Microsoft

Hello insiders, today we’re releasing build 79.0.294.1 to the Dev Channel!  It’s a pretty normal week this week, so you can see the most noteworthy changes below: 

Added Features:

• Added messaging to warn users when they install an extension that has the ability to change their search provider, home page, or new tab page.
  • Added improved messaging and reporting abilities when navigating to unsafe websites.
  • Added a button to set up syncing from the profile flyout.

Improved Reliability:

• Fixed an issue where PDFs sometimes fails to load.
  • Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows fail to navigate and show “This page is having a problem”.
  • Fixed an issue where opening all items in a Collection sometimes leads to a browser crash.
  • Temporarily disabled Renderer Code Integrity by default to prevent situations where it causes all tabs to crash upon loading.
  • Fixed an issue where Read Aloud would sometimes stop when reading long words.
  • Improved the success rate of single sign-on for work or school accounts.

Improved Behavior:

• Fixed an issue where tooltips don't appear when hovering over links, UI, etc.
  • Fixed an issue where Edge opens in Application Guard mode when it shouldn’t.
  • Fixed an issue where the various sync toggles sometimes don’t work after signing in with a work or school account.
  • Improved the appearance of the Downloads shelf.
  • Fixed an issue where the option to open a new tab from the tab band’s context menu appears twice.
  • Fixed an issue where various sync toggles appear disabled even though they shouldn’t be.
  • Fixed an issue where the button to sign out of the browser is sometimes missing from Settings.
  • Fixed an issue where profile pictures sometimes don’t appear in Settings.
  • Improved the appearance of the Task Bar icon when using multiple profiles.
  • Fixed an issue where users with multiple profiles see a generic icon instead of their profile picture on the Task Bar shortcut.
  • Fixed an issue where Tracking Prevention reported blocking trackers from one tab when viewing a different tab.
  • Fixed an issue where IE mode tabs sometimes are zoomed improperly when they load.
  • Fixed an issue where windows sometimes have a 1px colored line on top of them.
  • Fixed an issue on Mac where keyboard shortcuts sometimes don’t work in Collections.
  • Fixed an issue where mobile favorites that are imported from another browser aren’t placed in the correct folder.

As always, we thank you for using Edge, and for sending us all your great feedback and suggestions!

58 Replies
hhmm, an hour later and no update yet.. still on version Version 79.0.287.3 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

Dennis5mile
That's a bit weird
Updating now...

Dennis5mile

@Dennis5mile @HotCakeX, we had a pretty good wind storm last night and some of us lost power, which threw a bit of a monkey wrench in our plans.  We just pushed the button to publish the build.  It should be live now.  Thanks - Elliot

Canary for me is still on the same build as it was from yesterday and says it's up to date "Version 79.0.297.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)" and when will you be releasing the top feedback summary for the week of october 8th? Is canary getting an update today?
Are we getting an update for Canary too? Still on Version 79.0.297.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit) from yesterdays update....

Dennis5mile
Ah, bummer about the lost power... Pray all is well now!

Dennis5mile
I hope they release a new Canary build soon, cause right now Dev channel is only 1 update behind the Canary channel..

@Dennis5mile @dustytravel 

Canary update is here guys ;)

Version 79.0.298.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

Cool. Just now need the weekly top feedback summary to be done and that'll be all that needs to be done for october 8th.
Yep.. got it.. now to find what is new/changed... To the Hunt..... lol

Dennis5mile

@dustytravel I think you found it from the link I posted in last week's top feedback summary, but this week's is here:  https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Articles/Top-Feedback-Summary-for-October-8/m-p/900617.  

thanks so much!

Capture.PNG

News feed is still completely broken in Dev Version 79.0.294.1. Is it still a bug or am I the individual facing the problem?

Please someone inform.

Thanks

@josh_bodner 

Bug - 79.0.294.1 is causing high CPU & GPU even when idle

I am having excessive cpu usage at startup. Besides edge becomes laggy while watching 1080p+ youtube video. Also it has the full screen open/close bug from chrome.

@josh_bodner 

Still no option to directly open a downloading file (without first saving it) 

All other MS browsers support this feature.

Annotation 2019-10-03 101542.png

@josh_bodner 

In the Sync settings I see all the grayed-out options (like syncing tabs and history) are gone.  I hope this doesn't mean you're dropping the future rollout of those features.  I'm counting on syncing history, tabs, settings, etc. at some future point, please tell me you're doing this.

@Speednet 

@Speednet wrote:

@josh_bodner 

In the Sync settings I see all the grayed-out options (like syncing tabs and history) are gone.  I hope this doesn't mean you're dropping the future rollout of those features.  I'm counting on syncing history, tabs, settings, etc. at some future point, please tell me you're doing this.

Hi,

this is the developer's response to this:

"this is not a mistake. It is also not a change of plans.  We are still working on bringing History sync, Extension sync, and Open Tab sync to our next version of Edge.  We are cleaning up the UX in the meantime, as we have heard feedback that it is confusing to some people why the setting was greyed out."

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Discussions/Edge-Canary-unavailable-Sync-options-are-gone-in-...